- Walleye – Trim all red meat off (red area between flesh and skin). Cut into equal size pieces, for even cooking.
- 1/4 cup flour (Pride of the West)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 table spoon blackening seasoning
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable/Avocado Oil
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Trim all red flesh off your fish.
- Mix flour, salt, garlic powder, blackening seasoning into a 1 gallon bag and mix.
- Put pieces of River Dragon into zip lock bag with flour. Have you kid throw it around the living room and hope it does not open. Remove fish from bag shaking off all excess seasoned flour.
- In a bowl mix two eggs. Don’t let your kids do this. It was a waste of two eggs and 15 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.
- Take floured fish and put it in egg wash. Remove fish letting all excess egg drain off.
- On a paper plate or bowl pour a pile of Panko. Roll fish in Panko until completely covered.
- Preheated thick frying pan with a 1/4 inch of oil over medium high heat. Place River Dragon into oil. Don’t overcrowd the pan, It will drop the temp of the oil.
- There should be a small bubble slow fry, not a crazy hot sizzle. Let it go a couple minutes on each side until Panko is evenly browned.
- Take the fish out and put it on a paper towel to absorb any extra oil. Season with salt while hot. Fried food is good for your cholesterol and blood pressure. Just tell your Dr., unless they are your mom or wife they can’t tell you what to do.